The lost inca city Choquequirao is wating for you
Choquequirao, is located in the Valley of Vilcabamba – The Convention on the rain forest to 3300 m This archaeological site is considered as important as Machu Picchu. The journey begins in Cusco. After 145 Km. Of paved road and 10 unpaved road leads to the village Cachora, whence the road 32 Km. Surrounded by breathtaking scenery, in the route we will also appreciate the deeper flora and fauna of the Apurimac Canyon World until you reach the “Cradle of Gold” of the Incas.
Day 1: Cusco – Cachora – Chiquisqa / hike 17 kms 6 hours bus 4 hours
(1930 m.a.s.l). The whole course to Chaquisqa is downward and the landscape is awesome and the weather is warm. Our first camp will be setup here. This is a three-hour walk.
Total walking time: 5-6 hours approx 19 kms approx.
Day 2: Chiquisca –– Choquequirao /hike 15 kms 6 hours
After breakfast (5:00 am) we will continue our walk towards Playa Rosalina (1550 m.a.s.l), followed by an early climb up the hill towards Santa Rosa (2100 m.a.s.l) where we stop for lunch. This course is the hardest and we will take three hours after which we will climb up to the Maranpata (2850 m.a.s.l) that is an easier climb. During our journey we will observe the vegetation existing in the area. Later, we will journey along a straight section towards Sunchupata where we will set up camp. Trekking time is two hours. It is a one hour journey from this spot to Choquenquirao.
Total walking time: 7-8 hours- 12 kms approx
Day 3: Choquequirao – Chiquisca 15 kms 6 hours
After a very early breakfast (5:00 am) we travel towards Choquequirao which is a one-hour walk to see the sunrise at Choquequirao and where we will remain for three hours in the company of a guide who will provide you with all the details ab
out this important Inca refuge. At the scheduled time, we will begin our return to Sunchupata, descending to Santa Rosa, where we stop for lunch. Thereafter we continue descending to Playa Rosalina that take
s about an hour. Upon our arrival at Rosalina we will continue our journey to the village of Chaquisqa, two h
ours away from Rosalina, where we will spend the night.
Total walking time: 8-9 hours- 15 kms approx.
Day 4: Chiquisiqa – Capuliyoc – Cachora 17 kms 7 hours bus 4 hours
A hearty breakfast shall be served in Chiquisqa (06:00 am) after which we will return along the same route to Cachora which is the slope we descended on the first day and which is a smoother climb of two hours until we reach the pass of Capuliyoc. From here it takes another two hours to reach the village of Cachora along a smoother route, arriving at 12:00 am approximately. During our journey we will observe the exotic flora and fauna as well as sights of majestic snowcapped peaks and the impressive canyon of the Apurimac. In the afternoon we will travel to the medicinal thermal baths of Qonoq where we will remain for one hour and continue later on our journey to the city of Cusco. Upon
our arrival in Cusco at 8 p.m., you will be transferred to the hotel. End of the services.
Total walking time: 6-7 hours – 13kms approx
The Tour Includes:
- Transport by bus to the starting point of the trek (Cachora).
- Cook and cooking equipment.
- Horsemen and horses (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment).
- English/Spanish speaking professional guide.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (Vegetarian option available)
- Boiled water to fill your water bottle every morning.
- Personal camping equipment such as tents, sleeping mat.
- First Aid Kit
- Transportation from Cachora to Cusco, including transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
- Breakfast on first day
- Dinner on last day
- Sleeping bag
- Entrance ticket to Choquequirao.
We recommend you bring :
- Breakfast on first day
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
- Rain gear (jacket and trousers if available) or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended
- Sandals or jogging shoes for a higher comfort while at camp
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces
- Sleeping bag
- Flashlight/headlamp and batteries
- Camera, films and batteries
- Hat to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
- Sun cream
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
- Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% DEET – no malaria risk has been reported
- Toilet paper
- Small towel
- Swimsuit (if you wish to bathe in the river)
- Additional spending money for snacks, water etc
- Walking sticks or poles(rubber covers required in order not to damage archaeological sites)
The reservation is considered partial when our clients aren't do a total cost deposit of the service. All the reservations are guaranteed and confirmed after we receive the deposit in our bank account, or recieve in a Wester Union office. After that to reconfirm your request, we are going to send a SERVICE VOUCHER by fax or mail three days late to fax number or mail address you give us.Read More
Remember, if you pay with paypal you need considere 8% more on the final price.
Booking now Choquequirao 4D/ 3N
Reserve thoose tour whit only 50% of total price. You can use Pay pal.