The Q’eros lives and works high in the Andes Mountains of Peru. These native people, which have been largely hidden and isolated for the past 500 years, possess an ancient spiritual knowledge which originates directly from the Incas.
The Q’eros lives and works high in the Andes Mountains of Peru. These native people, which have been largely hidden and isolated for the past 500 years, possess an ancient spiritual knowledge which originates directly from the Incas. This knowledge, which is still largely unknown, encourages people to be more aware of the need to change the ways in which we interact with each other and our planet Earth.
Q’eros healers have recently begun to travel to Machu Picchu, to Western Europe, including the Netherlands, to carry that message. The Q’eros still speaks in their ancient language, the Quechua (pronounced “Ketsjuwa”). For most of their existence, they have had only very limited and rare contacts with the Peruvian government or the church. Consequently, they continue to live in their traditional way of life and are largely self-supporting. They live in 5 tiny villages, each consisting of about 30-35 individual houses at an altitude of 3,350 meters. Hatun Q’eros is the principal village. They grow several crops, including potatos, tend their llamas and alpacas, all in the old traditional way, as did the Incas long before.
Q’EROS TOURS by BikingPeruTrek
- Duration: 5 days/4 nights.
- Starting Point: Cusco/Paucartambo/Kallacancha.
- Ending Point: Q’eros Community/Cusco.
- Physical Demand Rating: Moderate.
- Age Restriction: 12-year old children.
- Tour Type: Trekking.
- Accommodations: 4 nights camping.
- Service Level: Standard – Deluxe.
- Guarantee: Departure is guaranteed.
Day 01: Cusco – Ninamarca – Kallacancha – Qollpa
We’ll pick you up from your hotel at 6:00am, we leave from Cusco about 6:30am to go to Paucartambo. We pass through beautiful countryside and several traditional villages including Huancarani & Ninamarca, where we’ll have the opportunity to stop in the pre-Inca Chullpas (Burial Towers) to take some photos. Arriving at Paucartambo at 12:30 we will have our lunch, after that we’ll continue our trip to Kallacancha (one hour & a half), and we start walking from Kallacancha to Qollpa, in the way, we can see Huamanccacca huge rock where there are many kind of birds, in the afternoon we’ll arrive to Qollpa. We spend the first night camping here (L + D).
Day 02: Qollpa – Tantañe (Q’ero Totorani)
After breakfast, we spend all the morning in Qollpa, seeing the costumes of the the native people, this day we can see the Taq’ues, it means “food deposit” like potatoes & other products they produce, after that we can see how they sow the potatoes using traditional tools, then we’ll appreciate the famous ritual called “Pago a la Pachamama and the Apus” (in English it means ‘payment to mother earth & mountain gods’), after lunch we’ll see off and we are going to Tantañe (Q’ero Totorani), we spend the second night here camping, and then we get our dinner (B + L + D).
Day 03: Tantañe – Jatun Q’eros
After a good breakfast, we’ll go to the native community of Jatun Q’eros our principal destination, in this road we can visit the village of Q’ero Totorani, this village is part of the mythical Q’eros, and we have our lunch in Jatun Q’eros. We spend the afternoon visiting around Jatun Q’eros like some houses, the primary school, we’ll observe how they live, we can speak with some people who lives in Jatun Q’eros, after this visit we have free time, camping and we have our dinner (B + L + D).
Day 04: Jatun Q’eros – C’hampacancha
We enjoy a nice breakfast before we start our trek for about 7 hours, we leave from Jatun Q’eros at 9:00am to C’hampacancha, we walk up to Chuwa-chuwa, we visit Chuwa-chuwa village where we’ll have our lunch. From here, we have a quite descent walking on the thick gravel layer in the trail. The walk is quite flat and nice. Beautiful and mysterious scenery. Upon arrival at the small community of C’hampacancha we set up our camp and we have our dinner (B + L + D).
Day 05: C’hampacancha – Kallacancha – Cusco
After a solid breakfast, we will start the walk towards Kallacancha. On the hike we can appreciate the Qollpa village again. We will stop in Huamanccacca to have our lunch and after that we continue to Kallacancha, for approximately 1 hour, here is the end of our walk and we’ll take our private transport back to Cusco. We will arrive in Cusco approximately at 6:30 PM (B + L).
OUR SERVICE INCLUDES:
- Collection from your hotel in the morning and transfer in private transport to Paucartambo (Kallacancha), the starting point of the trek.
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 3-people tent, to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks.
- One mattress per person.
- Cook, cooking equipment and kitchen tent.
- Bilingual and local guide (English & Spanish).
- Horsemen & horses (to carry tents, food & cooking equipment) or llamas.
- Horses to carry personal gear up to 12 kg. per passenger.
- 1 emergency horse every 2 persons.
- Accommodation for our guides, cook & horsemen.
- Meals (Vegetarian food available on request; 4 B, 5 L, 4 D + daily morning snacks + daily tea service, except last day).
- Others: hot water every morning & evening for washing purposes/boiled water to fill in your water bottle.
- First-aid kit, including emergency Oxygen bottle.
- Private transport from Kallacancha to Cusco, including transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
- Ritual Ceremony “Pago a la Pachamama” (Payment to the Mother Earth).
- Sleeping bag.
Tips: please beware that our agency staff is normally paid, so please feel free to tip or not according to your wish
YOU SHOULD BRING:
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek.
- Rain gear (jacket & pants if available) or rain poncho.
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping.
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired in our agency for US $ 4,00/day).
- Mattress: will be provided by the agency but is to be carried by you, lightweight.
- Flashlight and some extra batteries.
- Camera, films & extra batteries (batteries wears more quickly under cold conditions).
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain, wind and cold.
- Sunblock, toilet paper.
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face & body.
- Insect repellent – minimum recommended 25% DEET – no malaria risk has been reported.
Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, Muesli, etc. Please beware that we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection.
The reservation is considered partial when our clients aren't do a total cost deposit of the service. All the reservations are guaranteed and confirmed after we receive the deposit in our bank account, or recieve in a Wester Union office. After that to reconfirm your request, we are going to send a SERVICE VOUCHER by fax or mail three days late to fax number or mail address you give us.Read More
Remember, if you pay with paypal you need considere 8% more on the final price.
Booking now Q’EROS TREK 5DAYS
Reserve thoose tour whit only 50% of total price. You can use Pay pal.